2 ?'s for the Blender people

1. I am in the process of looking at Blender.
    Is it common when importing from SketchUp to Blender to loose the transparency of windows? (.dae)
  2. How does one make the app save preferences such a feet and inches so they load with a new project? (template)

Great video on the glass, I will get to Justin’s video in a bit.

So far I have found a few vids, This seem to be the best I have found so far…Blender Guru. He sounds like he is from down under.

I will chase down the add-on in a bit.

You know that was not going to all, next question:

I am playing with materials and adding material to the default cube, it seems I can add two or three to look at different colors and switch them. Once I leave the first cube and move to the second on, I loose the ability to go back and change the colors in the first on. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Next:
Materials 2, How do I make the following color show accurately? RGB values, 204,197,189.
Thanks for the help so far
Dave

1 Like

I got the importer, very nice, too bad it’s a one and done.

Thanks
D

1 Like

I don’t think I have looked for that setting yet

As far as the importer goes, I have nothing to loose at this point, I think I will try an earlier Blender version. The on time it did work, the resulting import was awesome, even the windows had transparency and the color I am trying to wok for imported correctly.

What is this black and white icon look like or what is it for.

Thanks, I am sure there will be more questions later. Google has also been a great resource.

D

RE: I got the importer, very nice, too bad it’s a one and done.

It doesn’t work with the 2021 version of SketchUp. As a work around I down save to a 2020 file, then it works like a charm.

@trampy I am playing around with the view shown. It is in edit mode.

When I imported the file from Sketchup it had eight scenes. Is this the reason for the cluster of cameras in the lower right?

Note the triangulation on the ceiling. In Sketchup it is a solid. What is causing it and how do I get rid of it?