Problem Geolocating Model

I would jump on a hot fix in an instant if I could reproduce your error. The error is likely in your network and cache somewhere. I can give you some tips on how I try to repro these things, but unless we see the error, we can’t fix it.

First, open IE and go to the url https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/addLocation.html. Does the map show up?

Second, type an address into the search bar. Does the map zoom to the location you gave?

Third, click Select Region, does the window shift to try to do something, then fail? You should see a skp msg, and a resize rectangle coordinates in the url. If you get that, all is good in IE.

And that’s all the farther you can go in the browser - because the resize, imaging and terrain require SketchUp and our API agreement with Google.

So now to SketchUp client: Can you do the same 3 steps, but get a resize? Is just the image and terrain data download just failing? If so, there might be some bad cached data. To clear that, close SketchUp, go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015\ and remove cookiejar.xml and session.dat. Restart SketchUp, and see if it helps.

I hope that helps.

-b

2 Likes