Xeon vs. Core i7 CPU?

One of the gurus, is suggesting to go with a power saving model when PS is an issue:

I fixed that post almost 10 minutes after I posted it

I have a gaming PC with GTX 1070 and i7 7700k but will skectchup work well on my Mac with no graphics card?

@shad0w7 you have graphics on your Mac, though it may be integrated. Find your Mac graphic card and memory specs.

My current GPU is a NVS 300 and I am getting strange results from SU 2017. do you need to know computer memory 12,000 Mb or graphics memory which is 512? The figure for memory comes from dell not from Checkup although Checkup gives the same results.

Oops make that 12000Mb memory.

No, I don’t need to know anything else. That card is old and aimed at office applications. It is not a 3D quality graphics card.

I thought you put in your new card and got strange memory information from Checkup about the new card’s memory.

No, I have the new gpu (got a deal), but it does require a new power supply. It has a much higher wattage and requires separate wiring for he GPU fan.

I have a Lenovo Y50 laptop, and it works great for me. I run Sketchup, Revit & other modeling software, no problem.

You couldn’t return the GTX 1050 and get a GTX 1050Ti? Power requirements are lower and still get great performance. Links about that model are in this thread.

Here a short answer I made an other topic:

Single Thread CPU Chart