Wrap a texture around a concave cylinder?

The company I work for has recently had me start teaching myself SketchUp so I can create 3D models of our products and I’ve hit a wall. One of these products is a fabric skin wrapped around a cylinder frame with concave sides, with graphics on the outside and inside. I’ve successfully created this (minus the applied graphics), and attached pics of the model I have. The rectangle in the background is the backside of the graphic I need to have wrapped around.

…Which is what I’m having trouble with. I can’t get the graphic to apply to the fabric. Texture projection hasn’t seemed to work in that the graphic won’t go all the way around like I need it to. Any one know how to make this work and help poor inexperienced me? :sweat_smile:

[UPDATE] SketchUp file is in a WeTransfer link in my reply comment below :+1:

How about uploading the SKP file.

@DaveR Here’s a WeTransfer link (file was too large to attach)
https://we.tl/p4fjADMPR3

Does this look like what you’re hoping for?

Fredo’s ThruPaint makes that an easy task. It’s part of FredoTools.

2 Likes

@DaveR Oh my word! THAT’S PERFECT! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m gonna get Fredo’s now. :smile:

1 Like

I happen to know a Skill Builder or two that may also provide some information on a task such as this… :wink:

SketchUp Skill Builder: Painting Textures on Curved Surfaces

SketchUp Skill Builder: Projecting Textures on Curved Surfaces

4 Likes

Terrific! Thank you so much for these! This was my first time posting here and the response has been fantastic. You guys are awesome. :laughing::sunglasses:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.