Why is there no PNG/JPEG export from SketchUp Free?

Why is this not available, when will it be? A print screen is insufficient imo. Please add it.

1 Like

Have you not looked.

Yes, care to guide me to it?

I could not find it either, I expected it to be in ā€˜save asā€™ or ā€˜downloadā€™, I think I am just missing the obvious!

Edit: I saw on another post, they donā€™t have that function available yet but I believe they are adding it in later.

My mistake, I was thinking of Insert.

hmmm there is a selection to make this model printable on the warehouse upload dialogue window. The option disables if ā€œprivateā€ is selected. So it must only be to make it printable for other users.

Thatā€™s for 3D printing.

You can export a PNG file from SketchUp Free.
Screenshot - 1_27_2018 , 10_03_48 AM

Iā€™m referring to this dialogue.

Yes. Thatā€™s for 3D printing. The original question regarded exporting raster images.

i.Materialise is a company that does 3D printing. For the Desktop SketchUp users, they have an extension in the EW that is a great tool for checking to see if your model is printable and even give you an idea of how much it would cost if they print it.

1 Like

A good example of how things are being added all the time. PNG is now available.

1 Like

Indeed! I started to write that the feature hadnā€™t been implemented yet but decided I should check again to see. Glad I did.

Iā€™m reasonably sure it wasnā€™t there mid-weekā€¦

whereā€™s the change-logā€¦

john

1 Like

Hamburger menu (left sidebar) > About (panel) > Changelog (tab)

But, the last log entry is for December 13, 2017.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.