Ok, I’ve been using SU for couple of weeks and I rally struggle with modelling.
Have people who made it ever tried any other editors?
- If I want to move an object to a precise coordinates, I need to turn it into a component, then open properties window, then add X, Y, Z properties and only then I will be able to move my object. And even then — I need to double-click every field, because simple TAB button is not working! And yes, your tutorial stating that I just need to use square brackets, didn’t help either.
Are you people serious? I have to spend like a minute to move a singe object?
- Copy-paste between windows does not work. Why? Why can’t I simply copy an object from one project and paste to another?
- How am I supposed to duplicate objects? I am modelling a simple table with 4 legs. I copy one leg, then paste it, and the move tool moves it meters away into the depth. Not near my object, no. Meter away.
- Check the move tool in 3ds max. It has axes that you can move things along just by hovering you cursor on it.
- I can’t move several objects in order just by clicking and moving. Every time I need select select tool first, then select object, then switch back to move tool.