What software does the animation and rendering effects of the homepage use?

I would like to ask, what software does the animation and rendering effect of the homepage do?

Are you asking … “What software is used to create the graphics on the sketchup.com homepage?”

That was my guess. If that was the question, do you know what the answer would be? I’m curious too.

I think it has been asked and answered in the past by a SketchUp employee.
ADD: I cannot remember the answer, but I think it involved multiple edits with multiple products. (Post processing in an image editor most likely.)

Those SketchUp employees think they know everyone. edit, they do know everyone! I meant everything.

Good question. While I didn’t do these I can’t say exactly but I’d say SketchUp+VRAY were used for the still render. The trees are from a library you can buy from Laubwerk.And the detailed boulders and other textures could come from somewhere like Megascans (which requires a plugin like Transmutr to import into SketchUp).

Then multiple SketchUp line styles (xray, back edges, profiles, etc) were exported and composited in photoshop masking out key parts of the VRAY render.
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 7.14.52 AM

Finally, for the animation…there’s no way to know but could have been Lumion, 3DStudio Max or Twinmotion for the people…sped up (ie timelapse) and then composited in a video editor like Adobe Premiere or After Effects or both.

In Summary:

• SkectchUp - model
  • VRAY - Render
  • Laubwerk - Vegtation Assets
  • Megascans (or equivalent) - rock assets
  • Lumion, 3DStudio Max or Twinmotion - for animated people
  • Photoshop - linework+render composite
  • Premiere/After effects - video compositing.

Whew - As you can see a lot of work by some highiy talented folks went into those drawings.

That’s why you were primal suspect for me!
The buildings itself are from @Aristodimos, I believe…

1 Like

@MikeWayzovski I wish…
The architecture, model and most of the visuals you see in our website and marketing material were created by The Boundary.
You can read all about it in this blog post:
https://blog.sketchup.com/article/pushing-boundary-architectural-visualization

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 183 days. New replies are no longer allowed.