Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

• Who are you?
    hi, my name is Torsten, i live in Germany
  • What is your industry and profession?
    IT Technical Senoir Solution Architect
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?
    Personally since 5 years
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
    Its like thinking and drawing in 3d
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp?
    advanced?
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
    Not yet - its a bit too far away and expensive to travel, but i would like to share some of my ideas and projects…
  • What is your current set up? [Computer type, SketchUp version…etc.] **
    Intel i7, 16gb Ram, nvidia, 2tb ssd disks, sketchup make 2018
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
    www.scaleautofactory.com
  • Anything else you would like to tell us?
    My first work with sketchup: alien apc from sketchup 3d warehouse redesigned for 3d printing
  • What is your favorite Emoji?
    :crazy_face:
6 Likes

Hello everyone!
I am so glad I found this community and I am very hopeful that it would be a great source for inspiration and guidance. Best to everyone.
Annaline

1 Like

Hi everyone

Who are you, who, who? I’m Michael Liow (nickname: Mike)

What is your industry and profession? I’m a youtuber who upload my sketchup design to youtube

Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? **I use SketchUp personally as a hobby.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? (Besides using it to impress the babes…) I use SketchUp because its a simpler way being a good designer rather than using app like 3dsmax etc

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? probably intermediate

What is your current set up? Computer type, SketchUp version…etc. (Your lake house and Ferrari don’t count) Sketchup Pro 2019 running on Windows PC

1 Like

G’day, everybody, from Australia. My name is Doc and I’m glad to be here.

I make wooden toys for a living and have just recently started (trying) to use Sketchup to ‘redesign’ my stuff in an effort to learn a new skill.

My professional background is Psychology and IT - if I couldn’t fix your IT problem, I could at least make you feel good about it :wink:

I’m a total noob but, I must say, being in my mid 60’s, never thought I could use learning SU to get the ‘babes’ :rofl:

I would like to apologise in advance to group members if I cause old posts/threads to become active again after they haven’t been active for a while but just going through some of the stuff in the gallery is absolutely breathtaking.

Keep up the great work and hopefully I’ll get a chance to learn something and maybe even get to share something.

Regards
Doc

6 Likes

Hi

My name is Lee first time that I have posted in fact it is the first time that I have posted on any site, wow that’s a thought. Some time my post may seen a bit strange I am dyslexic, some times I think and type but the to do not matchup.

Any way look forward to joining the community.

2 Likes
  • Who are you? Hi, name’s Jesse
    Me_New
  • What is your industry and profession? Just odd jobs and whatever else blows my way as a professional picker-upper, hope to make game development the mainstay someday
  • Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally? Just for personal projects
  • Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I use it as a way to transfer my semi-random mechanistic art style into three dimensions- my favorite thing about Sketchup is the ability to quickly iterate designs without initial foreplanning
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Advanced but aware of how much I could improve
  • Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? Would love to but just don’t have the means yet
  • What is your current set up? i7-3770k + GTX 970 + seven specialized mice I’ve tried using but don’t help with the pain of clicking 40 quadrillion times a day
  • Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? https://polycount.com/discussion/199213/sketchbook-blueblankey (streamlined)
    https://www.deviantart.com/blueblankey (cringe fest but it’s all there)
  • Anything else you would like to tell us? I’ve used Sketchup for over ten years off and on- The more models I make the more I understand the procedure behind them. Someday I hope to use this knowledge to create generative procedural algorithms to replicate them at a much faster rate.
  • What is your favorite Emoji? :t_rex:<= I don’t use them much but here’s a cool T-rex
  • Do you enjoy long walks on the beach...? I’ve never been to a beach believe it or not, but I do like a good bike ride/ mountain hike
1 Like
  • **Who are you?BjR%20close%20up%203%20(2)
  • **What is your industry and profession?I am a residential and commercial remodeling contractor
  • **Where do you use SketchUp? Personally/professionally?I use SketchUp both personally and professionally
  • **`Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it? I’ve tried to learn CAD but found SU a bit easier and more intuitive.
  • How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner +, Not quite intermediate, but interested.
  • **`Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No
  • **`What is your current set up? Windows 7, 64 bit, SketchUp Pro 2019
  • **`Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? I don’t have any extensions or models to show.
  • **`Anything else you would like to tell us? I had an encounter with Bigfoot in 1986 in Washington state
2 Likes