Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hi my name is chuck I am 77 years old, and have discovered that Sketchup is an enjoyable activity that I can do from my wheelchair, I use it to design furniture and make floorplans. I am still pretty new with is so I will likely have a lot of questions. I am using Sketchup Pro 2023 on a desktop PC, my Surface Pro tablet and have recently added it to my iPad

5 Likes

hello, my name karisma, in indonesia, i’m a graphic designer and 3d designer for event organizer im using sketchup pro 2021

1 Like

Name is Norm and I’m a hobbyist wood worker. More specifically, I make all kinds of furniture out of several species of hard woods, but only as a hobby. I have never profited from it. Needless to say, my use of SketchUp is strictly personal. Years ago I had a copy of SketchUp Pro 8 which is where I learned how to make use of it. In 2017 I downloaded SketchUp Make and have been using that version ever since. Over time I’ve downloaded some very useful extensions like a cut list for one. Of course as we all know, this version (aside from being out-of-date) no longer allows access to the 3D Warehouse. Being non-profit, I cannot afford the license fees for the newer versions of SketchUp, so I tried using the free online version. There are so many things I can’t do with it like use my cut list extension. And because it is a newer version, I can’t load any designs onto my local Make version. I hope some day soon, we can have access to a new version of SketchUp Make that us non-profit guys can use on a local machine.

1 Like

Who are you?
Hey, I am Daniel.

What is your industry and profession?
I’m an electrician.

Where do you use SketchUp?
At home.

Personally/professionally?
Personally.

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
I use Sketchup since 2010. My first project was the renovation of our House. So I searched for a simple 3D Software and found Sketchup.
I like it because it so easy to use.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? Beginner, intermediate, advanced?
Hmmm? I think, I’m a beginnig Intermediate.
Because I only use Sketchup Make 2017 with just two PlugIns for .stl export/import and for checking my models if they were printable.
I never had used rendering or different layers.

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp?
No!? What’s that?

What is your current set up?
Dell Laptop, Win10Pro, Core i7, nVidia Quadro M2200.

Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us?
No, I haven’t.

Anything else you would like to tell us?
I hope my skill is getting better now when I can read here.
Sketchup is an every day learning by me.
There are many things and tricks I can do, but more I don’t know.
And sorry for my bad english.
“My english is not the yellow from the egg!” :laughing:

What is your favorite Emoji?
:laughing:

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…?
Ähm…?
No!
There is no beach here.
But there is a big forrest.
There is it fun to walk up and downhill while controlling an RC Crawler.
Or I like to go to concerts and festivals like Wacken Open Air .
Or I like to go snowboarding.
Or I like playing with lightning effects like those at disco or concerts.
But no walk at the beach! :laughing:

Greetings Schreddl !

1 Like

Who are you? My name is Matt strobel! :wave: I’ve been in the professional woodworking industry for about 10 years now. For most of my life I’ve been woodworking and creating things though.
What is your industry and profession? Furniture design
Where do you use SketchUp? Mostly at work, sometimes at home, other times at coffee shops!

Personally/professionally? Both!

Why do you use SketchUp and what is your favorite thing about it?
I’ve been using sketchup since at least 2010, I first used it to design my first high school shop project! I LOVE sketchup so much, it’s hard to pick just one thing, but I’d say my favorite thing is the connectivity and ecosystem of tools. Trimble just does it right and it’s always so consist across all of the apps.

How proficient are you in SketchUp? I’d say I’m a solid in between intermediate and expert. 7.875/10 for those who like precision :nerd_face:

Have you gone to a SketchUp 3DBasecamp? No, I’m not really sure what it’s all about. Should I go??

What is your current set up? 15” Mac 2019 sketchup pro 2022 baby!
Do you have a 3D Warehouse page with your models, Extensions, or a website you would like to link to or show off to us? I don’t but maybe one day?! I’d like to start using sketchup for side work!

Anything else you would like to tell us? When I’m not clicking buttons at my job in the concrete jungle, I’m either at my rock climbing gym or out in the backcountry getting my mind right in nature backpacking and hiking by myself or with friends.

What is your favorite Emoji? :racehorse::dash:

Do you enjoy long walks on the beach…? I enjoy long walks on all terrain, I don’t discriminate! :hiking_boot: :mountain_snow: :desert_island: :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree:

1 Like

Hello!
I am new to Sketchup. I expect I’ll have lots use use for these communities.

Hello –
I am a licensed Interior Designer in Atlanta & a longtime user of SU. My use of the software is important to my work, but I am not a power user. SU solves a lot of visualization problems for my clients. So I put it to use when & where it’s necessary. I love the intuitive nature of the way it works & my ability to add views & information to my CAD drawings.

Hello, I work for a company hoping to engage with a SketchUp professional on some projects for a few different buildings. We are hoping to find someone in the US/Canada who has experience designing both interiors and exteriors in 3d. Thanks for having me on the forum and if anyone has recommendations or users here that have helped guide them in the past, I’d be most appreciative of the connection and assistance.

Welcome @cbertrand107 ,
There is a special category where you can ask for proffesional help on this forum…

Hi my name is Leo. I use SketchUp Pro 2022. My question is, where can I find the default tray in Layout?

If it’s not already displayed, look in the Window menu to turn it on.

Hi Dave, The default tool tray is not in the Window menu.

Show us a screenshot.

Hi,

You’ve been here for some time, and apparently you’ve already introduced yourself, no need to stay in this thread afterward :wink:

First, please update your profile. it says you’re using os 14.6 when in an older message you mention mac os 12.6 - os 14 is not released yet anyway.

second, you’ve already created several threads on this forum, you should have done the same with your request, especially since you want people to help you. The welcome thread is just for that, welcoming people. Most of us don’t check it on a daily basis.

third, on a mac, there is no tool tray. just like Sketchup, in layout you can call for individual panels, not a whole tool.

ok @Leonardus here are your panels. the ones that are in the tray in windows. because you don’t have a PC. you have a mac. please correct your profile.

See the post above from @ateliernab

Leo
https://global.discourse-

cdn.com/sketchup/original/3X/5/1/511524ac83f4b5c7cc6ec59ef102a1b3c7ae1041.jpeg

yes. we’ve seen your screenshot. and I solved your problem here. I even circled it in red (squared it in red?)

no need to double post it :wink:

1 Like

My name is Leonardus. I am a maker of fine furniture and also a smith of high quality knives. Lately I have started to make leather sheaths for my knives and are planning to make other items from leather.
I run a Mac with OS Monterey 12.6.6 . I subscribe to SketchUp Pro and try to become more proficient in SketchUp and Layout. In the past I have received excellent help from the Forum and I am sure I will need help in the future.

I give up. Someone will come by and try to help you.

this is the third time you’ve introduced yourself on this thread in 6 month (message 2270, 2575, 2584).
and I don’t think you’ve been reading my previous messages about your layout tooltray problem.

please correct your profile here : https://forums.sketchup.com/u/Leonardus/preferences/account
right now it reads 14.6