Wavy line creation

Hello, Brand new here. Would someone be able to point me to instructions or a tutorial on creating and accurate wavy line (spline?)? I would like to use this as a path for “follow me” to follow. In the end, in this case, this line will form the basis for a furniture base. I’ve tried to use the free sketch tool but that is impossible to create a nice smooth, consistent “wavy line” . I’ve also tied hooking together a series of arcs but, again, that is very hard to get accurate. Thank you, in advance for your assistance. Stan

It’s hard to tell exactly what you mean by a wavy line but you might have a look at FredoSpline from Fredo6. It’s available from Sketchucation and makes it easy to draw all sorts of curves. Make sure you also install the current LibFredo6 which is required by FredoSpline.

By the way, if you share something that shows what it is you are trying to achieve, we could surely give you more guidance.

1 Like

Thank you, DaveR. I will take a look at LibFredo6 and see if that gets me where I want to go! Very much appreciated. Stan

1 Like

Good luck.

FWIW, here’s an example of curves drawn with FredoSpline using the Classic Bezier Curve option.

1 Like

Yup - that’s along the lines (pun not intended) of what I am shooting for. Again, thank you DaveR.

1 Like