War in Ukraine

No comment needed

3 Likes

I agree, there are really no good choices except for Putin to stand down and withdraw his troops. Maybe there is still a chance for a cease fire and an end to the aggression?

Long term I think it is highly possible that the inner circles (upper echelons) of power within Russia will eventually dispose of Putin, they don’t want to be the pariah of the world and they also want to live their lives just like us, and enjoy economic prosperity etc… I don’t think the people of Russia want this anymore than the people of Ukraine. Putin and perhaps some of his inner circle appear to be the major malfunction/problem here.

3 Likes

stay strong
slava ukraini
georgia support ukraine people with their fight against russia, 20% of my country also occupaid by russia, here also ware war,
this war begun 1994 in chechnia
and still continued, never stoped by this time

7 Likes

Nukes are a much bigger issue than many can imagine and an extremely serious concern however they won’t be used as one may think. The next nukes launched towards the US will be 3-4 large hypersonic ballistic missiles that will detonate 250 miles high over our country, (we’ll never know it was detonated until all power is lost.) The blast releases invisible gamma rays in so doing creates an EMP which will fry every electronic or electrical device not protected across our entire country. 90% of the US population will perish in less than a year. Most of those will perish within the first month.

1 Like

Killing all of our electronic devices will certainly shut down our infrastructure and society however the issue will really be the food supply. If for whatever reason the food chain/infrastructure is disrupted we will quickly have a major problem in a matter of weeks. No one can last very long without food and most of us don’t know how to grow or hunt in any meaningful way, we just know how to go to a local grocery store and buy things and put them in our shopping carts. If the grocery store shelves empty out, the panic and chaos that would ensue would be nothing like we have ever seen before.

Having a little food storage and a way of storing some water (at least 3 months supply) is probably not a bad idea for any household (and I am no prepper).

Nathan:
I was 22 years old. Stationed in Nue Ulm, Germany. 7th Army, Pershing Nuclear Missile Artillery Battalion . I distinctly remember listening to Casey Kasem (it was one of the best ways of remembering “home”); especially when pulling guard duty in the Motor Pool, on very cold winter nights; huddled in the cab of a duece and a half truck, a transistor radio held to my ear, trying to keep warm and keep out of sight. If I remember correctly we were given an M16, with an empty clip for "protection".

Oh, and the range of the Pershing’s were just a few hundred miles … basically Iron Curtain countries not Mother Russia.

2 Likes

What people don’t say is that this looks scarily like the rising up of world war two (once one simplifies the facts).
Hitler was annexing country after country, and the other powers weren’t stopping him because they were scared it would cause a second world war.
Putin is annexing country after country, and the other powers aren’t stopping him because they are scared it would cause a third world war.
There was a second world war.
Will there be a third?

7 Likes

From another non-NATO country close to Russia, I feel you. Sweden is sending arms and taking in refuges, but I wish we could do more.

Ukraine is not alone.

4 Likes

I am also in a close country and I am very worried. My relatives are being shot and bombed in Kiev.
Beyond the support I sent and my open door, I don’t really know how to stop this pointless killing. I don’t think the killers will read this, but I hope they stop doing the horrible thing they’re doing.

9 Likes

The similarities are there, (another being fascism on the rise globally) no denying that, the difference being Putin has the nuclear “button.”
I sure as hell don’t know what to do but it seems what we’re doing isn’t enough.

2 Likes

I think the answer is clear at this point, Putin needs to go. I’m hoping Russia can come to its senses and somehow remove him from power and replace him with someone who is a little bit more agreeable. I don’t think the Russian people want this war anymore than we do.

3 Likes

He is only letting people loyal to him have power, but I’m hoping even those people soon realize that keeping Putin around isn’t in the interest of Russia.

2 Likes

Aggregated twitter news feed from reddit. Most of what I see on the news I see here first.

1 Like

i agree

Thank you all for your support. We Ukrainians feel it.

8 Likes

You can see the destruction and real time updates on TicTok even before it hits the news channels. I find that quite interesting.

2 Likes

…what is with Syria,Libya,Yugoslavia….millions of refugees hundreds thousands killed ? Nobody’s fault?…

Russians get more and more cut off from the Internet every day. They are only exposed to their government’s propaganda. Be careful what you wish for.

4 Likes

The return of Radio Free Europe to full glory?

365 days… I just wanted to thank you all for your support. We will definitely win.

14 Likes