Very fine rotations placing sheet metal with a slight tilt

Well, you could use the top of the rat guard as the inference point instead of the bottom if you want.

Since the next panel would be on top of the first, you would need to use Move to move it out. Not Rotate.

Although it probably could be done, there isn’t a tool per se to warp or stretch the model as will happen when you screw the metal down. There’s really no value in doing that. In Fact I don’t see that there’s much value in rotating the sheets so they cover the rat guard, even though it can be done. I would probably just leave the panel vertical and let it sit away from the wall at the top by the almost nothing thickness of the flange on the flashing. I’m all for precision but chasing those sorts of details is a poor return on your investment of time.

Hi DaveR
Agreed your point is well taken, I need to figure out where the best return on my time is.
I have no experience drawing buildings or with Sketchup so I’m just fumbling around with the tool and the model.
I’m from the electronics industry and the models have to be absolutely perfect or you will pay somewhere down the road…usually not far so I have no feel for good enuf.
The vertical gap would be the same all along a long wall (I’m starting with a shed but want to do a barn down the road…I need to crawl before I walk) that seems perfectly acceptable to not worry about.
A good case of work smarter not harder.