Version of sketch up?

Hey I’ve been watching tons of videos. I’m getting ready to do my basement but want to use sketch up for realistic renderings and floor plans etc. Do I need sketchup “pro” at $299/yr or is sketchup “go” at $119 good enough. I’m on Mac laptop. Thanks in advance!

If you mean photorealistic renderings, Sketchup doesn’t do them. It does produce very useful 3D output but if you want better, you need a third party renderer. If this is all for your own use, you might be able to use a free version of SU and keep the expenditure for the rendering. The decision may also be based on whether you want to use extensions (some rendering packages are integrated with SU). If you do, Pro is the way to go.

1 Like

I haven’t tried Go so I haven’t any particulars on that, but I think you don’t need it unless you are drawing on an iPad. You may have missed that the web version is free to use for non-commercial work. So you may want to start with SketchUp Free / web, then go to Pro if you need extensions or prefer a slightly more robust desktop experience.