VCRUNTIME140.dll missing?

Hi I just tried to open sketchup make 2017 and I get a window saying:
“The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix the problem” I tried to install the program (VCRUNTIME140.dll) I know this question will seem dumb But are thet asking me to install VCRUNTIME140.dll or sketchuup 17?

It seems I cannot because it says it is already installed, but when I do a search on my computer for: VCRUNTIME140.dll in my computer I can only find it in a blender file, which I do not understand. Where should “VCRUNTIME140.dll” be?

download and install the redistributable of the required MS C++ 2015 runtime library x64 manually, launch the installer by “rClick > Run as Admin”.

Thanks butI have tried that it says the ptogram is already installed

• uninstall all MS C++ runtime libraries of the system
  • restart Windows
  • install the MS C++ 2015 runtime library x64 (see above)
1 Like

Thanks very much sorted now

you could tag my reply as solving it, thx.

Addendum to solution above.

I installed AutoDesk DWG Trueview 2021 and after installation could not start:

1. AutoDesk DWG Trueview 2021
  2. AutoDesk DWG Trueview 2018
  3. SketchUp Pro 2021
  4. LayOut 2021

Tried to Uninstall Trueview 2021 and 2018, Windows Uninstaller would not uninstall.

Searched and found this thread, and started to follow the solution, and then made a discovery.

Started by selecting Uninstall on most recently installed MS C++ library 2015-2019.
When presented with confirmation Dialog Box, I selected “Repair”
Next I selected Uninstall for second most recent MS C++ library 2015-2019 (also)
When presented with confirmation Dialog Box, I selected “Repair”
Then was asked to restart computer.
I did.

All four applications above started normally and as expected.

So a possible “Repair” alternative for those presented with the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll problem.
(I did not have to uninstall any C++ libraries and did not have to install vc_redist.x64)

Sorry do not visit this forum often. Still working way around