Using Trim results in non solid group

I am trying to use Trim to embed cylinder in in a parallelepiped. The cutting group is the cylinder. Both are solid groups. After the trim the the cylinder is a still a solid group but the trimmed parallelepiped is not. Is tyhat the correct behavior?

How about sharing the SKP file so we can see exactly what you are working with? Most likely it’s a problem of the model being too small.

Please also complete your profile with SketchUp version and license as well as operating system and graphics card. That information helps us help you.

trimtest.skp (38.4 KB) Here is file. This is after trim and after I moved cylinder. I also painted surfaces to make sure they were faces

You’re running into the tiny faces issue.
Screenshot%20-%207_26_2019%20%2C%2011_11_21%20AM

You could avoid that with the native Trim tool by scaling the model up by a factor of 100 or 1000 before running Trim and then scaling back down afterward. Or, you could make the block a component instead, use the Dave method to scale a copy of the block and cylinder up, use Trim from Eneroth Solid Tools and delete the large copies when finished.

A third option would be to move the cylinder farther into the block, run Trim and use Push/Pull to pull the face at the bottom of the hole back out to the outer surface of the block.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! I had forgotten about scale/resolution issue.