Ungrouping all in a model

Hello,
I have a small drawing, that I used groups to draw with.
Now, I want to explode all groups all at once, instead of having to select each individual group one-at-a-time, and then exploding each one individually.
Is this possible?
Thanks for the help

Like this?
block

1 Like

If the groups are all over the place, possibly at different levels of the hierarchy, you could use Outliner to search for ‘group’, and select all of them to explode in one go.

1 Like

The fastest way in one click of a button, is to use the explode all plugin by S4U.

Something to keep in mind @Oops , adding extensions to do things that can be achieved with a few clicks needs to be considered carefully. Each extension slows the load time of your system, adds complexity when updating and risks clashes with other extensions.
Best practice is to only load extensions you really need, I’ve seen people with massive numbers of extensions cluttering up their workspace, half of which they have forgotten what they do. Think carefully on how you structure your workspace. The Sketchucation toolset even allows you to actively load extensions, or put together sets of extensions for certain types of work.

4 Likes

what is Outliner? Is that an add in?
Thanks for the help

1 Like

Ahhh…didnt cross my mind to select all
Thanks

1 Like

Nevermind…I found Outliner. this helps a lot.
Thanks

1 Like

Also keep in mind that if any of your groups have been assigned Tags (Layers in your Make 17) then the raw geometry contained in those groups will inherit those layer assignments when you explode. Having raw geometry assigned any layer other than Layer0 (Untagged) can cause serious problems in your model and will need to be corrected after exploding. The easiest way is immediately after exploding, the raw geometry is all still selected, go to entity info while it is all still selected and move the selection to layer 0. There are also extensions that can help with keeping geometry assigned Layer 0 but it is easily done with native tools.