It wasn’t that long ago that we announced the integration of Trimble’s Scan Essentials with SketchUp, and with such a positive response we wanted to make it official. Scan Essentials is now included in a SketchUp Studio subscription! And in case you’re just getting up to speed, Scan Essentials is a Windows-only extension that allows you to import point cloud data from terrestrial scans, mobile mapping, photogrammetry, lidar sensors, and drone captures. This extension supports files such as E57, RWP, LAZ, TZF, PLY, and LAS.
Scan Essentials delivers great value from early on in your design process capturing essential contextual details, such as topography. Enjoy an increase in workflow efficiency and better integration between project work stages with help from these top features:
- The ability to model directly on the point cloud for precise drawings
- An intuitive Point Cloud Manager that allows you to adjust color and transparency
- An Inspection feature that allows you to compare your model against the point cloud
- A Clipping Box that enables you to can zoom in and focus on specific sections
- The ability to simultaneously view all your scan data and 3D models in the field
- An advanced toolbar to help create section views
- The ability to align scan data with your model
- The Rotate and Move tool lets you add point clouds with ease
- The ability to incorporate configurable 3D Warehouse models onto your point cloud, significantly speeding up your modeling process
- The ability to create 2D documentation from point clouds directly in LayOut
We are super proud to offer this plus all of the other powerful design products in Studio at a very accessible price of $699* for one term — a 40% discount from the retail price! Offer ends July 30, 2021.
Let us know how this new update impacts your workflow in the comments.
As a reminder, all new and existing Studio subscribers get full access to Scan Essentials on WindowsOS or Bootcamp on MacOS. To learn more about Studio, check out our product page.
Terms & Conditions
*SketchUp Studio pricing offer is valid through July 30, 2021 11:59 PM MST. Discount only applies to one term of a SketchUp Studio subscription. If you are a current SketchUp Studio subscriber, you can renew at this price for one term only. Not valid on subsequent terms. Offer not valid in Mainland China, Israel, and South Africa. Does not apply to previously placed orders. May not be combined with other offers. Other restrictions may apply.