Tried downloading Sketchup 2017 Make and setup window says it failed to register

Trying to download Sketchup 2017 Make. It almost downloads. Takes me to almost the very end and then tell me the ThumbsUp.dll failed to register. I hit retry. Nothing. No matter which browser I use. I do not have the technical knowhow to fix this. Just want to download and learn.

Would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Eddie

I think that you would only see a ThumbsUp.dll error message after the installer has downloaded and started to run. You should be able to do more attempts by running the installer from your Downloads folder, no need to start a new download.

The error itself used to happen to a lot of people, here are a few topics about the problem, where somebody gave a solution:

https://forums.sketchup.com/search?q=ThumbsUp.dll%20status%3Asolved

Run the installer from your Downloads folder: Right-click on it and select “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
“thumbsup.dll” is not vital. It enables Windows Explorer to show your models as thumbnail images instead pf generic SketchUp icons.

Thank you. I did not run it from the folder. It downloaded probably between 98-99% and gave error message as I indicated.

This is my first time joining the forum and I am most appreciative of your kind help.

e

Thank you. This is my first foray into Sketchup. I build with wood, but want to expand and be better. This will help!

You are most kind.

e

Keep after it…long time cabinet maker/woodworker…sketchup changed my design process for sure. Great tool! Lots of great people here to help you out along the way.

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.