Textures "disappear" and get distorted

Hey there :slight_smile:

Currently I am experiencing the issue, that I’d like to apply a image-file as a texture to a plain surface of an object.
When doing so, first it all seems fine, but when I pan the camera I get like a glare or something,.

What could be the issue here?

Thanks in advance!

It looks to me as if you’ve imported the image and are using it as an image instead of a texture. Explode the image so it is applied as a texture to the face and the Z-fighting will go away.

If you import the image as a texture and apply it to the face, you can skip the explode step.
Screenshot%20-%2011_7_2018%20%2C%207_55_07%20AM

Sharing the SKP file would help us give you a more definitive answer.

That was the exact solution, thank you very much!

Could you ‘Tick’ Dave’s answer as the solution.
This helps people find the right answers.
I know there are very few posts in the thread, but it makes a difference.

Done :wink:

1 Like

If you import an image as texture (as explained by Dave), make sure that you are in the context of the target face while starting the import so that you can assign it directly to that face.

One trick. Import to your face. Then I extrude that face about 1/8" (I’m going for the overall look, not precise dimensions.). When you extrude that face, the texture image isn’t competing with the white image on the back side of the rectangle you’re in. (Another trick: import textures to a rectangle, then find the image in the color palette in the Colors in Model section. The paint bucket tool will then let you apply your texture to irregular surfaces. Then delete the rectangle if you don’t need it.)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.