Subtract Multiple Solids from a Parent

Hi guys. I have this little project here where I need to subtract multiple machicolations from the body of the tower. With the native Solid Tools it takes quite some time to select and subtract them one by one.

Does anyone know of a plugin or a quick workaround that would allow to save time by pre-selecting multiple to-be-subtracted solids and 1 parent object and get the job done? Thank you.

If you were to explode all of the cutter shapes and make a single group or component from the geometry, it would still be a solid and you could trim or subtract in one operation.

2 Likes

Thank you Dave, it worked like a charm! I never knew that lose/unconnected geometry in a group was still regarded as 1 solid. It’s amazing how after all these years, there’s still small things to learn in SketchUp, haha! :smiley:

1 Like

It’s kind of a funny thing. The separate 3D shapes meet the definition of a solid which in simple terms is that every edge must be shared by exactly two faces.

1 Like

Castle looks great. Please share updates!

1 Like

Thank you very much! :blush: It’s still in the early stages, but I will share soon.