[SOLVED] Looking for help converting floorplanner to Sketchup

New to Sketchup community, so unsure of this is the correct forum, but I’m looking to work with someone on a freelance basis to “convert” an existing Floorplanner.com project into a detailed Sketchup model.

Sketchup project must include foundation, walls, roof etc ? No plumbing, electrical or other technical installations.
Added bonus - I live in Denmark so it has to be done using weird metric units and of course adhere to standards accepted for residential construction here. But I happen to know all about that.

Any advice or interest?

Thanks

Mikkel

Your profile says you are using SketchUp Free (Web). If that’s the case, how detailed do you really need the model to be. There will be limits to the amount of detail/file size that can be managed in SketchUp Free. For hobby use maybe it won’t need real fine detail?

What is the file type that you currently have from Floorplanner?

Hi.
My initial thought was to upgrade my sketchup version to Shop or Pro and use the Medeek mdkbim suite to create foundation, walls and roof etc.

Floorplanner.com is only but as far as I can see I can export to pdf or whatever picture format.

regards

Mikkel

OK. So basically just images to start with.

How will you use the SketchUp model once you have it? What is it you need from the model?

Shop won’t be a whole lot better with highly detailed models. To use The Medeek extensions you would need Pro.

Hi Dave
Thanks for the reply.
Yes basically I need to convert my current Floorplanner “pictures” from 2D to 3D - detailed.

I need the Sketchup model to produce fairly accurate estimates on the materials I need for the construction, concrete, lumber etc.

On top of that I need the 3D drawings for the local authorities. As part of the building permit they need to approve detailed cut-sections of the building to show construction details.

I have plenty of time since my plan is to start construction sometimes next spring, so from my point of view I could 1) pay for Sketchup and Medeek extensions and spend the time to get familiar with it. Or 2) try to find somebody who can help and pay for the time and material.

I don’t know how you share a Sketchup/Medeek project but at some point in time I would prefer to own it myself in case any adjustments are needed.

regards

Mikkel

Hi Mikkel,
I am in Oz and so work with in metric.
Bearing in mind what Dave has said about requirements on your end, if you can provide a sample drawing in pdf format I might be able to help you out a bit. (The Floorplanner demo doesn’t provide any downloads.)

Hi. Thanks for the overwhelming feedback on this topic. I have a couple of contacts that I’ll continue with for now.

Thanks

Mikkel