Solar North Duh

I’ve installed the Solar North plugin. My Extension manager says it’s installed and enabled. I don’t see nuthin’. Where should I find whatever it is I’m looking for? I rebooted once, do I need to again? I expect a menu item, but… maybe not?
I may have forgotten something obvious about extensions, or Sketchup, I probably haven’t opened the program for 9 months. I’ve poked around online, and it seems like it must be obvious because everyone talks about it without saying what it looks like or where you find it…
Thanks!

0 Likes

Can you update your profile to start with to show what version of SketchUp you are using.

0 Likes

go to view tool bars and solar north will be in the list. just check the box

or see attached, right click in blank area of tools and a list will drop down, again check the box, the tools will look like those circled.

0 Likes

ok, did that. SPro 2018 on Windows btw

0 Likes

Hah! Thank you! I saw that View Toolbars/Solar North was already checked, and I still couldn’t find it, but when I unchecked it I saw out of the corner of my eye it was popping up on the far side of my 2nd monitor, as a floating toolbar!
Excellent!

0 Likes

Many extensions will first appear as a floating toolbar - before or after a restart.

0 Likes