Sleepless Night

Thank you. I expect based on its size it’s just supposed to be a functional model. I was contemplating adding a pulley to drive a flat belt and a governor ala James Watt.

It does look more Deere -like than I want. I’ll have to see what else I have for paint.

The Minnesotan in me says, “gopher a foristy green”. But of whatever colors it’s a nice-looking contraption you’ve drawn.

1 Like

I see it fifty foot tall driving some kind of crazy machine :+1::crazy_face:

1 Like

In that case it’ll need an iron spiral staircase and railings around the top deck. It could run a pump for getting condensed milk out of one of those deep Wisconsin condensed milk wells. The lactifer is quite far below the surface in the Driftless Region.

4 Likes

How about Case IH red?

1 Like

I settled on Pugin red and Brunswick green.

Also added a cast iron spiral staircase for scale. Still need to add spindles around the upper platform as well as the brass rails. Oh, and still a bunch of screws and adjust the timing.

11 Likes

Now that is getting cool :+1:

1 Like

At that scale I’d call them bolts!
Love the directional arrow! Incredible stuff!

2 Likes

Bolts are definitely more appropriate now.

Still need to deal with the rail along the deck but it occurs to me that I either need a bridge over the main shaft or another stair on the other side.

8 Likes

The stair alone is amazing.

2 Likes

Thank you sir.

9 Likes

Wentpher a foristy green! …could pump a lot of milk with that.

1 Like

8 Likes

Another steam engine. About a third complete.

10 Likes

Very lovely to see all these mechanical joints/ metalwork.

May I ask if you applied the hatch fill in Layout or with a help of an extension in SketchUp, please? I tried out CURIC LIGHT, but I didn’t manage to master as well as the fill itself was too faint when I printed it - although this probably was caused by the image quality of the fill… Not sure.

Thank you

Thank you.

The hatched section fills are done in SketchUp using TIG’s Section Cut Face and the native sketchy diagonal lines pattern texture.

1 Like

Still need a couple of rivets, some screws, nuts, and bolts.

14 Likes

I decided to animate the engine. Click on picture.

14 Likes