Sketchup Pro info and laptop specs

Hi to all, this is my very first time here with you :slight_smile:
I created this new topic because i need your help. I’d like to change my laptop because it is now outdated and I was looking for a new one and browsing the net I discovered these gaming laptop made by Dell. In particullary I saw this one:

https://www.dell.com/it-it/work/shop/notebook-dell/nuovo-alienware-m15/spd/alienware-m15-r3-laptop/n00awm15r307#features_section

It has an I7 of 10th generation, 32Gb of ram and has an NVidia 2070 Super with 8Gb of DDR6 and I would like to know if the graphic card is ok for Sketchup Pro or if the Nvidia family card are not the best for the 3D rendering program… Is the Nvidia 2070 Super ok or not? considering also future upgrade of the program…

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give it to me.
Davide

LOL You’ll be just fine with that :wink:

1 Like

That will certainly be OK.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! both of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem. Those specs are better than my 1 year old desktop and it doesn’t break a sweat doing SU, Acad, Revit, Form-Z, Adobe Cloud and rendering in Simlab.

Just to be sure, for this kind of application, Is the Nvidia quadro still the best choice or there Is not so much difference between the quadro family and a ‘simple’ Nvidia 2070 rtx?
Thanks to all in advance for the kind reply,
Davide

The Quadro series is just insanely expensive. Current applications don’t benefit from it in any way (don’t know about ultra-expensive engineering software used in aerospace industry, like Catia)
The Quadro cards available for the “mobile workstation” type corporate laptops are slow, unless you are prepared to pay in the range of $4000 or more for your computer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the Quick reply! So i am fine with the laptop that i posted above :slight_smile: thanks, Davide