SketchUp Make 2014 Silent Install

Just wanting to verify what I’m finding:
There is an MSI available for SketchUp Pro but not SketchUp Make?

I’m the network administrator for a high school and was just requested to install this product on 150 lab computers. No silent install makes for a painful afternoon.

Hello,

Although we don’t provide the MSI officially, it is still available. You just have to do a little extra work to get it. Read on.

Official support for installation via pushed MSIs is only provided for Pro enterprise customers. As an administrator yourself, I’m sure you can appreciate that we have to minimize the number of different official install vectors. That said, where there’s a will, there’s a way.

1. Normally you would need to ensure the Microsoft .NET Framework is installed on all of the target machines. However, since that is not used by SketchUp (only necessary for LayOut and Style Builder, which are Pro features you won’t be able to use long-term with SketchUp Make), you don’t necessarily need to do this.
  2. Ensure all of the machines to which you will push this installation meet the requirements listed here.
  3. Download and install a program called 7-zip.
  4. Download the latest SketchUp Make EXE installer.
  5. Within Windows Explorer, right-click on the SketchUp Make installer and extract its contents.
  6. Within the extracted contents, you’ll find an MSI.
  7. Push the MSI as you would any other.

I hope this helps.

Andrew
SketchUp Release Engineer

Thank you so much Andrew, I did it, but when I open SketchUp on one of the computers the SketchUp software does not get licenses. I do not know why?

Maria

no NIC active on the affected system?

[quote=“andrew, post:2, topic:1989, full:true”]
“5. Within Windows Explorer, right-click on the SketchUp Make installer and extract its contents.
 6. Within the extracted contents, you’ll find an MSI.”[/quote]

1.) is the MSI from inside the installer package doing the same as your officially provided one?
2.) is it packed in the 7z or zip format?

tia