Although we don’t provide the MSI officially, it is still available. You just have to do a little extra work to get it. Read on.
Official support for installation via pushed MSIs is only provided for Pro enterprise customers. As an administrator yourself, I’m sure you can appreciate that we have to minimize the number of different official install vectors. That said, where there’s a will, there’s a way.
- Normally you would need to ensure the Microsoft .NET Framework is installed on all of the target machines. However, since that is not used by SketchUp (only necessary for LayOut and Style Builder, which are Pro features you won’t be able to use long-term with SketchUp Make), you don’t necessarily need to do this.
- Ensure all of the machines to which you will push this installation meet the requirements listed here.
- Download and install a program called 7-zip.
- Download the latest SketchUp Make EXE installer.
- Within Windows Explorer, right-click on the SketchUp Make installer and extract its contents.
- Within the extracted contents, you’ll find an MSI.
- Push the MSI as you would any other.
I hope this helps.
SketchUp Release Engineer