SketchUp login with Microsoft Account

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the SketchUp Pro login with the Trimble account with a login with the Microsoft account of the computer itself? I’ve been asked this morning but I haven’t been able to answer…

One can use the option to sign in with the Microsoft account, but it would still be an optional thing:

https://help.trimble.com/s/article/How-do-I-sign-in-with-my-Microsoft-account

If what the client is looking for is to solely use the Microsoft account, they need to set up a federated account for setting up SAML, which involve a few more steps.

check

Federated form

Thanks a lot @MikeWayzovski

This is something I avoid altogether. I don’t even use the email address for the MS account. The reason is that somehow through the MNS email system, my MS account was hacked several years ago. It took about 2 years to clean up the mess and change the email address on other accounts.

I completely agree with you. However, the person who has asked me must prefer comfort over safety. In fact, there are companies that have a unique login that updates the rest of the services, I imagine that he will have seen it and he will want it the same, what I don’t know is if he has an IT support behind it to cover the risks.