SketchUp in 2019: where great ideas get to work

I don’t know what you mean, but my comment was just trying to explain that SketchUp struggles with high poly scenes, has nothing to do with being a mesh modeler. It is just something related to its core, and developers should be able to fix it if they are prone to do it.
I’ve been using 3D CAD software for over 15 years, and there is not just one perfect software, so you use the software that fits your needs the best for that specific task, and if you need more than one app, that’s totally fine. So, keep using Autodesk’s software until you find other software that fit your needs better.

2 Likes

heard rumors that Spatial is developing on modeling operations being partly parallelized for their ACIS NURBS kernel… but nothing I’m aware of until yet.

Hey - I made it into the thread! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As well you often do !

1 Like

Glad you have, I’ve never had an opportunity to thank you for teaching this dog new tricks, I find your tutorials very helpful and well paced, Thanks a ton mate.

3 Likes

Glad to help! I’m glad I’ve been able to put something out you’ve found useful - you do really good work, by the way - I especially liked the compilation video you put out using Enscape a couple years back :+1:

3 Likes

Amazing visuals!
I tend to break my sets up a lot to keep each file about 70mb at most
but my sets are much smaller than yours Tv commercials and i use a lot of jpegs as shortcuts,
when i build with truss i find that bloats the size of files.
Fantastic work

hey someoe can tell how to edit mannequin