Sketchup for Mac network license file works for one account but not others

We have recently upgraded to Sketchup 2021. We’ve created the license file as instructed here:

After doing this, if I open Sketchup 2021 on the same account (admin rights) it auto populates the license information. However, if I log into a student account (no admin rights), the information does NOT populate. This license needs to work for every user that logs into the Mac.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide!

EDIT - RESOLVED

I hope this helps someone else going forward. Here are the instructions directly from Creation Engine. I’ve tried them and they work!

"Here is information that should help you with Mac computers with different users.
With Macintosh computers, the activation happens at the user level and not the root level, so you must do the following on Macintosh computers:

MACINTOSH Lab/classroom issue where different users log in and Sketchup asks for license information
Here is the information we received from Sketchup Pro Support regarding Mac classroom/lab settings with different user accounts:

When you authorize SketchUp, it’s only authorized at the user account level. Go ahead and authorize with your serial number and authorization code on ONE of the Macs first – do this by typing in the license codes. After you have done this, you should be able to move/copy the license file from the user-level folder to the main Macintosh HD folder on each computer. Close SketchUp, navigate to the user-level Library folder with Finder by navigating to the following folder:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021
(The license file should be here. It looks like this: Sketchup.lic)

• If you do not see this folder, it means it is a hidden folder. Open a new Finder window, press and hold the Option key on your keyboard, then click Go in the menu bar to access the hidden folder > Library > Application Support > SketchUp 2021

• Move the license file (Sketchup.lic) into the root level folder – Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021
    *Note that you need to create this “SketchUp 2021” folder

It’s also important to note that the license file needs read and write access so you may need to tweak the permissions on that license file.

If you created the activation_info.txt file to pre-populate the serial number and authorization code for your machines, you will need to distribute the file to the same root folder you moved the Sketchup.lic file to – Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Creation Engine"

You did place it in the General Library, I presume?Did you have to create the folder, first?
Does any student has their own account or do they all use the same?
Are you or the students logged in, also?

1 Like

MikeWayzovski–Thanks for the reply! I placed the file here:

/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021

All of our students have their own accounts. Multiple people are usually logged into the Macs as they don’t get rebooted often.

The folder was already there. I did not have to create it.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.