SketchUp for iPad – Release Notes

I would say the app itself it stable and usable for most things, but my old iPad G6 can’t seem to handle large models (90~180 MB), so I’m in the market for a better iPad, namely ones with 16GB of RAM.

Id prefer to not force my clients into new ipads just to demo. Any concrete feedback from colin or the devs or those that can say for sure?

Hey everyone, I’m excited to announce that SketchUp for iPad v6.5 was just released to the Apple App Store! As per usual, it may take a few minutes for the release to be available for you to update.

The release notes above have been updated to include information about the latest release.

4 Likes

Yay, so the other shoe drops on Ambient Occlusion in iPad along with Desktop 2024!

very nice update, spec this scan to design thing!! in combination with the markup function almost perfect for construction measurements…including straigth lines like in morpholio trace, taking pictures and connect them to drawing, and connecting bluetooth laser like in the bosch measurement app would make it unbeatable…thx

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and for the feedback. All great ideas, some of which we’ve heard/considered before. If you’re open to it, I’d love to dive a bit deeper over in this thread:

Hello

I use Sketch-Up for iPad very regularly and am currently working on a large project. So far I have had no problems opening my files. With the new release I can no longer open files larger than 10 MB. Sketch-Up tries to load and crashes again after a few seconds. Since I really need the files and I have to finish the project, please help me.

1 Like

@derk.eikelboom thank you for this feedback and for the email you submitted via in-app feedback. We’ve seen a couple of similar reports and the team is working to trace the root cause. Thanks in advance for your patience as we try to figure out what’s happening here and devise a solution.

Hello Mike

Thanks for your feedback. I am very glad that you are working on a solution. But I need the model in the foreseeable future, I need to be able to access my plans.
I may be able to provide you with my model if that will speed up the process.

Thank you for your feedback as soon as possible.

Sure, if you can give us your model I can check for why it’s failing to open. 10 MB shouldn’t be a problem, but there is a new issue I’ve seen, that I know how to fix.