Sketchup 2023 Pro issues and flaws

Thus the right click “install as administrator”. All programs should be installed that way, so all components are installed.

Lol. But SU is the only program I know that causes a lot of errors if you don’t, and yet the installer doesn’t have mechanisms to prevent it. Even such a screen which is child’s play. Well again: sandbox

I think your complaining to complain. Anyone that knows windows, well understands the reason why “install as administrator” exists, unless you think Windows did that just for SU.

2 Likes

What’s your point? :grin:

Sorry that was directed at Sturnus, not you.

Still… :laughing:

Where did you get the information about how to install the program? Many people find out about this process when they have a problem with the program. Is an ordinary user without IT knowledge supposed to know that this should be done? I got the installation instructions from the reseller and there was not a word about it! Should he check that maybe when he clicks on the installer RMB+Ctrl+Alt+G, the option “install as God” will appear and he will never have any problems with SU?

My point was its complaining about something that is pretty common knowledge with installing software. It’s not isolated to SU. All software should be installed as administrator.

There are 2023 Pro issues and flaws. The fact that it should be installed as administrator is not one of them.

1 Like

Yeah, but complaining is funnnnnnn… :laughing:

There are times when fun misses the point.

1 Like

Sorry you are not understanding…this is not anything unique to SU. I don’t know of any software that walks you through the basics of how windows works. This is a thread about 2023 pro issues and flaws. Installing as administrator is a built-in security feature of windows, not SU.

People using Autodesk products face the same issues.

Do you see the difference. Autodesk warns you that you are not in administrator mode. And Trimble allows you to install Sketchup with errors, although without information that it is wrong and it will get worse…

Maybe for the complainer…the rest of us just roll our eyes!

There’s that little shield on installer icons. It tells users the program ought be installed as Administrator.

Big difference between ‘telling’ the user and a user ‘Understanding’ the difference between selecting an exe and choosing Run as Admin, and being the Admin of my computer.

Yes I do. ACAD requires administrator privileges to install and SU does not. Now go onto the Autodesk forums and see the issues that causes with complaints from the other side.

Autodesk not only requires admin privileges, it won’t let you install it unless you have them. Is that what you prefer?

1 Like

You don’t have to explain it to me, but on this thread someone was asked for the 100000000th time if he installed the program as an administrator. I wrote that it can be prevented very easily and… are you treating me like an idiot? You write that a small shield icon informs you about this, but in another thread you just wrote that not everyone has to be smart in everything. So? Don’t you think prevention is better than cure? But as I have said many times. There are people here who will never write a bad word about SU because it is in their interest. Errare humanum est sed in errare perseverare diabolicum

1 Like

I think all of the people in this thread do not work for SU. I have stated in other threads what the issues are with 2022 and 2023. The issue you are complaining about here is NOT an issue with SU pro 2023.

Dunno about you, but I’ve actually forgotten what it was we were complaining about.

2 Likes

What’s the use of a program that crashes, works incorrectly, destroys your work because the file can’t be opened… Is that what you want?

Lol. You are wrong!!! If you don’t have addadmin rights, you won’t be able to install SU either Log on to the computer as a non-admin user and try to run the installer as an administrator