SJ Add DC Attribute

Hello Sketchuppers!

I am happy to announce the sharing of my plugin SJ Add DC Attribute in its version 0.3.0.

This extension allows you to modify/create common dynamic attributes on a selection of component groups and/or instances.
You can select an existing attribute in a definition, then apply it to all the definitions present in the selection or only to the instances of the selection. You can create it from scratch, save it in a list of favorite attributes to reuse it later.

I look forward to your comments and suggestions for improvement.

Have a nice weekend

New in version 0.3.0

• Improved interface to be more compact

• Added tooltips and help popovers

An option enables or disables tooltips.
This preference is saved in the template and editable in the form.

• New option list management

You can import option lists from a CSV file.
Options can be reordered.
Error detection if a label is empty

• Improved Value/Formula input field

A double click on the “value/formula” field toggles the display of a multiline input area.
If you fill in the “Definition” or “Summary” attribute, a toolbar appears. It allows you to add HTML layout tags in one click.
If you enter a formula, detection of errors on the number of closing and opening parentheses, as well as on the number of quotation marks.

• Improved instance management.

Modifications can be applied to all instances sharing the same definition, or only to instances present in the selection.
If the attribute does not exist, it is created for all instances. If the option set is only on selected instances, then only those will receive a value. The definition and the rest of the instances will receive a null (empty) value.

• New condition “Do not modify if existing!”

Possibility to activate the condition by clicking on the field label button.
If the condition is activated, the label is framed in yellow.
This allows targeted modification of attributes and meta-attributes.

• Example, activating the condition on the Name label
    If the attribute exists, do not modify

• Example, activating the condition on the “Value/Formula” label
    If the attribute has a specified value, do not modify the value

• Example, activating the condition on the “Formulaunits” labe
    If the attribute has a specified unit, do not modify the unit

• Coupling of the condition “Do not modify if existing!” and case management

The condition is checked on the definition and not on the instance.

• Attribute saving and creation progress dialog box.

• Automatic translation according to local Sketchup settings.

Language supported English and French.

Download links

You can download on my site : https://www.sketchup.simjoubert.com/my-plugins/sj-add-dc-attribute.html
Or on sketucation plugin store : https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=SJAddDCAttribute

3 Likes

Link?

Hello,
The appropriate links have now been included in the previous post.

You can download on my site https://www.sketchup.simjoubert.com/my-plugins/sj-add-dc-attribute.html
Or on Sketucation plugin store SketchUp Plugins | PluginStore | SketchUcation

Please send me your feedback.
Thanks!

Hello
This video shows you how to duplicate an existing attribute in a component, and create it on a selection of groups or component that did not have this attribute.

1 Like

Save an existing attribute to the list of favorite attributes.

This video shows you how to save an existing attribute to the list of favorite attributes. This list is saved in the model. Later, you can reuse this attribute and apply it to other groups or components.

1 Like

SJ Add DC Attribute - Add description attribute with HTML tags

This video shows you how to create a description attribute with HTML formatting. When you expand the input field by double-clicking, a toolbar is displayed if you edit a description or summary. It allows injecting HTML tags at the location of the cursor.

1 Like

SJ Add DC Attribute - Import option list from CSV file

This video shows you how to import a list of options for an attribute from a CSV file.

1 Like

Hello
Publication of a corrective version

Last version SJ Add DC Attribute 0.3.1 Update of 09/12/2022

Download link on my site : SJ Add DC Attribute
or on the PluginStore SJ Add DC Attribute | SketchUcation

Release notes:

V.0.3.1 2022/09/12

• Fixed display of long lists in the CSV import window, which required scrolling the modal window.
  • Fixed display of long option lists that hid buttons in some cases.
  • Fixed form filling after selecting an attribute in lists.
  • Default units for lengths are set to model unit.

Hello

Last version SJ Add DC Attribute 0.3.2 Update of 25/12/2022

Release notes:

V.0.3.2 2022/09/25

• Fixed a bug on the transform that rotated instances, if they didn’t have a rotation attribute and were rotated around an axis

Hi @simjoubert ,
It is very useful plugin .just used it to create new attributes to update my collection.
Sj add dc attribute and sj add dc function are just great nex plugins . :clap:

1 Like

Merci pupoksveta !

Hello

Last version SJ Add DC Attribute 0.3.3 Update of 24/01/2023

Release notes:

V.0.3.3 2023/01/24

• Fixed a bug that left the progress bar in an endless loop in some cases.

Hello
For those who have downloaded the plugin in version 0.3.3 before 10:15 a.m. on January 24, 2023 (Paris time)
Please download the file again and reinstall it.
A file was missing!
All my excuses ! :woozy_face:
Simon

1 Like

I have had this plugin for at least a year now but i am yet to fully explore and experiment with the capabilities of this plugin.

I work heavily with dynamic components and am thinking to utilise these features to my components.

I already see the layer function will be super useful as with child sum attribute function.

I have a request if thats ok and with my limited ruby knowledge i am sure is possible.

That would be to add functions to reference a dictionary. Similar to the enscape and profile builder functions.

Ie =SET_KEY(DICTIONARY, KEY, “Value”)
Or =SET_VALUE(DICTIONARY, “Key”, VALUE)

Hopefully this makes sense, and great work with this plugin along with the attribute editor :ok_hand:

Hello Sean,
Thanks for your message and glad to know my plugin fits into your workflow. Having the opportunity of modifying attributes in another dictionary is possible,
=Set_attribute("dictionary","attribute",value)
to which it will be necessary to add the processing of the value, knowing if it is a text, a number, an Array or hash converted into JSON.

I note it in my to-do list. I don’t have time to add it to the next version, the release of which is imminent.

See you

1 Like

Thats great to hear :raised_hands::raised_hands:
Look forward to seeing the new version.

All the best