Signin Error

Most of my students and my teacher using Sketchup for Schools are unable to log in. They do successfully authenticate using Google and then it takes them back to a Signin Error dialog. Repeating the process just loops indefinitely. I have checked that sketchup is in the gsuite system and all requested permissions are provided. The school is Anderson Valley Unified School District (avpanthers.org).

Thank you

2 Likes

Having the same issue when trying to login to the edu (for schools) portal.

Same issue here.
Our domain is @larasc.com
I’ve tried removing the marketplace app and re-adding it.

1 Like

Same error here. We’ve done everything it recommends here:

It looks like you’re having trouble signing in. Make sure you’ve enabled pop-up windows for SketchUp, then complete sign in using the pop-up window that appears.

Please note: SketchUp for Schools is once again available for educational use only. Don’t worry, any projects that you may have created through your personal Gmail or Microsoft account can still be downloaded from your Google Drive or One Drive. To continue sketching, please log in with an EDU domain account.

In order to access, ensure that:

1. You are using a G Suite for Education account.
  2. Your G Suite administrator has installed SketchUp for Schools on your domain and granted permissions.
1 Like

Same here (UK school, Google EDU domain). Let me know when it’s working again.

I click my account, the blue ‘tick’ in a circle appears (presumably confirming my login) but then it goes to the ‘Sign-in failed’ screen.

I’ve checked my Marketplace Apps in admin.google.com and Sketchup is listed as ON for all Organisational Units.

Mr Kershaw.

1 Like

Same problem here, Spain ,with google edu domain too…
I hope they don’t cancel the free edu accounts…

1 Like

Same error.
Our domani is @settimo4.com

1 Like

I had the same problem, but was able to get logged in by allowing popups for sketchup in the right side of my address bar in chrome.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Still not working here (in the US).

The odd thing is that it worked most of the day yesterday and then suddenly in the afternoon it logged out and then fell into this loop. I changed no privacy or popup settings. I double checked and do not have popups disabled.

Please make sure you are allowing pop-ups (See screen-shot).
Please report back with your status.

1 Like

Can you please try to logout/login again, make sure you allow pop-ups and let us know please.

I did see the blocked popup icon on Chrome this time and I did unblock it. It does now work on this system. I will have to test this on the student Chromebooks, but I am pretty sure it will work.

Interestingly enough popups for other single sign-on systems via Google work fine without this setting being fiddled with, and they worked fine for Sketchup up until yesterday. I can only assume this is some wonderful feature update to Chrome causing this issue.

Now getting every user in my district to have this setting enabled for specific domains is going to be pretty much impossible. Is there a way in G-Suite to unblock popups for specific domains?

Wynne

Yes this does work, but for a whole school this is problematic and frustrating. Why change a method that works. Never had to allow popups for edu.sketchup.com before as it was automatic. Maybe this needs to be looked at with NSW department of education from the top level.

Hello Educators, thank you for reaching out to us today. We understand that this has likely been frustrating for you, and appreciate you letting us know so that we can help address it. The changes you’re seeing are the result of updates recently made by Google, and as @marwanobeidat has pointed out, enabling pop ups for your browser should hopefully address any issues with their new login flow. For more information, please refer to our post here.

If you continue to experience access issues after taking these steps, please let us know.

Hi Team.
We have popups allowed and it is certainly creating 2 popup windows, one after the other.
We are still experiencing the issue however.

I have attempted to login as a student on both Firefox and Chrome

Thanks again

Same here. I’ve allowed pop-ups for all websites and it still goes into the sign-in loop.

Adding to this, it seems to allow my staff account no problem.
I’ve tried 2 student accounts now (All have mail/drive/classroom access enabled) and no go

Having the same issue for the last two days. Thanks for your help with this issue.

Yes! it works… Thank you very much

Got it working in Brave (a Chrome variant) after approving popups, but in Firefox all popups are allowed and it still won’t work.