I have a contour diagram of my land and a basic idea of the building layout I wish to have architected and built.
Before I proceed with spending I would like to enter this in a very ridumentary form and the altitude, long/lat of the location and look at the shadow affects on the land at different times and days of the year.
The purpose is to visualise the shadow impact on intended vege patches and if necessary adjust building positions to accomodate adequate growing conditions through the year.
Can the free version of the software do this?
Would you have any pointers to tutorials that will help me hit the ground running with
- very basic contour input on top of which basic blocks for the buildings can be added
- setting the location coordinates and altitude
- viewing the shadow impact at different days/times
Other options I have are
- autodesk formit - spent an hour or two and found myself spending a lot of time learning it, plus it was slow in a browser interface
- look into options suggested to me of Sweet Home 3D and another similarly named cheap commercial package I forgot the name of right now.