Selecting components

Click on the link in the post above yours in which you wrote: [quote=“daiart, post:16, topic:41688, full:true”]
It may be Windows 10 is the problem. In which case I cant get a remedy
[/quote]

A thread is a conversation in a forum like this. You started a thread with your first post.

ok Thank you, here goes…

Do you realize how many people send messages to Microsoft daily ?
It’s like throwing a “message bottle” in the ocean.

2 Likes

Well, maybe now I do… I did what you say but how do uninstall KB4013429 ?

It kind of sounds to me as if you might do well to find a local computer repair service and have them take care of the windows update stuff for you. You might make things worse if you uninstall the wrong thing.

Thank you for your help and patience.

There is a specific page for “Installed updates” in the Windows “Programs and Features” control panel.
(The link is in the left navigation column.)

But before uninstalling that (as the Win10 updater will just reinstall it anyway,) …

FIRST, run Windows Update manually, and see if any new updates are needed. and apply them.
(Especially if either of the two listed below are packaged and deployed as Windows Update packages.)
Eventually, Microsoft will issues fixes in upcoming update rollups.

REBOOT, and try SketchUp again.

SECOND, if that didn’t work, and these two updates are still not available vai Windows Update, try a couple of emergency manual fixes that are only available via the Update Catalog.
(Ie, they haven’t yet been packaged into a cumulative update for the general Windows Update consumer.)

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB4015438

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB4016635

And (as always) if you’re not comfortable applying updates manually, you could get a local IT service to do it.

Note the the catalog page is busy, and the search feature often fails to load for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.