Script to automatically sign extensions via the Warehouse interface

Hi there,

We wrote a script to automate the extension signing process so that we could integrate it in our build pipeline and @jiminybillybob told me that it could prove useful to other developers so we put it on Github.

Usage

The simplest way to use it is to provide the path to the extension. The script will then prompt the user for Extension Warehouse credentials.

sign.ts <path to the extension folder>

To avoid interrupting the script, you can also specify the credentials from the start via the command-line.

sign.ts <path to the extension folder> --username <your username> --password <your password>

Alternatively, you can store the credentials in environment variables.

sign.ts <path to the extension folder> --env

There’s a bit more documentation on the Github page.

Cheers

5 Likes

I was using this but today I’m getting an error downloading. I can download the rbz just fine in the browser, but using the script it fails.

@thomthom, @ChrisFullmer
Do you know how badly we need an official signing method that can be used with continuous deployment pipelines? The ReCAPTCHA and 2FA is a real pain in the deployment cycle. I know this has been talked about numerous times in the last few years. It’s a real thorn in my side. Almost every time I go to make a release I need to fool with the signing script to get it to work.

We need a simple API that can be called with basic authentication or a secret key token ideally.

I get tired of clicking sunflowers and ladybugs. :weary:

1 Like

The error I’m getting when downloading is:

self signed certificate in certificate chain

I never entered my password wrong even once, but after a bunch of testing I’m now getting an error and am no longer able to sign in at all.