Scaling an imported jpg

I realize this is probably a poor photo to use as an example or lesson (I feel this way because of the perspective, but maybe that’s irrelevant), but can I import a jpg of the front of a building and somehow scale that to its actual size? I’m in the garage door business and at times it would be helpful if I could take a photo of the front of a home’s garage, scale it, and work with it for various things.Scaling an imported jpg.skp (1.8 MB)

Thanks, for now, I appreciate your thoughts and help.

Edited to mention that I’m using SketchUp Pro 2021 on a Windows PC/Laptop - Laptop is for work and is Windows 7, desktop is at home and is Windows 10.

Tom

You might do a little better with a Match Photo import instead of just importing it as a normal image. Due to the angle it is shot at, it’ll be difficult to get a correct size for it. As a Match Photo image it isn’t great either because it doesn’t have two clear vanishing points on the horizon.

Frankly, If I need to model something to look like that image, I would probably just stand it up in the background for reference. Between that and the dimensions you have, you should be able to do a pretty good job of eyeballing it.

Please update your profile. It says you are using 2020.

That sounds like a good enough plan, definitely never crossed my mind. Thanks.

The 2021 was a typo, it is 2020 I am using.

1 Like