Saving in sketchup - model problem

i AM HAVING TROUBLE SAVING AN ENTIRE MODEL IN SKETCHUP PRO. WHEN IT SAVES IT GOES TO MY DESKTOP AND SAVE THE FILE IN INTERNET EXPLORER. THEN I CANNOT OPEN THE FILE TO DO MORE WORK ON. OR IT MAY SAVE IT IN ADOBE A PDF FILE. I CANNOT OPEN THIS EITHER . IT SHOWS THAT ITS AN SKP FILE BUT STILL WILL NOT OPEN, PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS ISSUE. THERE IS NO PHONE SUPPORT FOR ANY ISSUES …WISH THERE WAS SO SOMEONE COULD TALK ME THROUGH THIS MATTER THANK YOU

There’s no need to type in all caps. That’s considered yelling.

What version of SketchUp are you using? Please complete your profile.

Are you using Save or Export?

As @DaveR suggested, much of what you wrote seems nonsense unless you are exporting the model as a 2D graphic, not saving it. SketchUp saves models as skp files, which are not readable by Internet Explorer and have no relationship to pdf or Adobe.

Please provide a more detailed step-by-step description of exactly what you are doing and, if possible, a sample skp file so that we can help figure out what is happening.

What happens if you just hit Ctrl-S? It should save the file as a SKP file back to wherever it was loaded from. If it is a new and unsaved drawing, you will be asked where you want to store it. So if it is saving to the desktop, that is where you must have put it before.

It may but only if you choose Export to PDF. As a PDF is an image file, of course it cannot be opened in Sketchup as it is no longer a CAD file. Just a picture of one.

sorry not yelling did not realize caps were on!