Save settings and materials when updating to a new version of SU

Hi. When I update SUPro to the latest variant, I want to save my settings and material that I have added to the material library, how do I do that?
I have saved patterns and colors and made folders in material / texture. When I update, this disappears.
I work in Mac OS

Which settings are you referring to? Did you make a custom template? If so, perhaps the easiest and most direct way of moving that to the new version of SketchUp is to open it in your previous version, save it out to the Desktop temporarily, open it in the new version and immediately choose Save as template. This saves you having to find the normally hidden folder location.

Which material library did you save the materials to? Did you create custom collections or did you add them to the native collections?

Keep in mind that each major release of SketchUp installs as a separate application. Installing a newer version does not overwrite the old one.

As for extensions, the best option is to install extensions fresh from their sources. This makes sure you get the most recent versions of the extensions and also makes sure they get installed correctly. It’s also a good opportunity to eliminate extensions you don’t use. You will have to set up any extension-related tool palettes after you install the extensions.

1 Like

Thank you for answering.
I have created custom sets such as facades, paving etc.
What I have done so far is to create boxes and color it with the different materials.
After that I open the file in the new version and made new sets. It takes a lot of time

Is this your usual method of creating collections of materials?

Yes it is. Is there a better way? Please let me know. I send you a screenshot