Revison Cloud Tool or Linetype needed

We use Sketchup and Layout to create our design concepts and then create Construction Documents. However sometime we need to make changes to these construction documents. Thus we have a need for a easy Revison Cloud tool similar in function to that in Autocad. It could even be a line type.

4 Likes

I don’t know that tool, but if you only need to color lines to show modifications, you can us the style setting “Color: by material” and paint them with a color.

SketchUp or LayOut don’t support complex linetypes, but a workaround could be built in SketchUp as a dynamic component (an arc component set to be repeating). It would be better if it could be a LayOut page element, like all 2D annotation elements.

Anssi

2 Likes

We use layout for our construction documents as well. We created various sized and shaped revision clouds and saved as a scrap book in layout. Once a revision has been implemented you can place a revision cloud from the scrap book and resize to suit the area of change.

I wrote this tool ages ago SketchUp Plugins | PluginStore | SketchUcation
It’s a script to draw a 2d revision-cloud in SketchUp, following the cursor.
You could then copy that line-work into Layout and add it to a Scrapbook…

This is a very basic drafting feature that needs to be implemented

3 Likes

Wow, looking at this thread in Jan 2022 and nothing. This would be an incredibly useful feature. for now, I can export everything as a PDF and open in Bluebeam to complete this task, but sure would like to do this within LO and not have to use another program to complete the task . . .

MBP 16" M1 Max using LO 20 (Have abandoned LO21 for being useless)

1 Like