Reorder multiple scenes at a time

Hiya! I appreciate how the “Scenes” window allows multiple scenes to be selected, which I often use for deleting multiple scenes at a time (much better than scene-by-scene deletion from the main SketchUp window with a confirmation dialogue box every time).

Once selected, it would be helpful if multiple scenes could be moved upward or downward together as well. I sometimes change my approach to moving through a model after creating many scenes, and the current functionality requires me to move one scene at a time. Moving a block of scenes concurrently would save a lot of time in these cases :slight_smile:

6 Likes

+1

don’t know how this functionality does not exist yet! even better would be drag and drop re-order support as opposed to having to click the up and down arrows multiple times (even if it would move multiple scenes at a time). I feel like I’m breaking my mouse each time I have to heavily re-order scenes in a model.

PLEASE

1 Like

A mystery indeed. A mystery that should definitely be solved/ rectified.

I guess no harm in looping you in on this as well, @kathy_davies

cc/ @Colin

What would also be nice is the possibility of moving scenes tabs around (left or right) directly from the scenes tabs on top of the modelling window. Of course, using shift click on scenes tabs could also allow selecting more that one tab to be moved.

The procedure could be to press the left mouse button on a scene tabs and keep it pressed to slide the tab (or tabs) to the required position. Having the possibility of undoing the tab move could also be handy in case of an error, although, moving the tab back would be as fast.

Try this extension
https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/25a03906-b156-4bfe-bdc6-4537361142bd/s4u-export-scenes

While I appreciate the breadth of extensions, a better scene manager should be native to SU, not requiring a subscription or additional one time payment. Also the tool says it can only export JPG and PNG, not video animations.

1 Like

Which tool ?

SketchUp can export video animations.

If you have at least two scenes in your model, you can use File Menu → Export → Animati.on

@jean_lemire_1 The extension @Suforyou recommended. I rely heavily on exporting animations from SU. I was saying I don’t think that extension “S4U” can export animations, which is why I want SU to natively offer better scene management.

Let try Curic Scene Manager, it has Reorder Multi scenes, more… and free.