Recording my modeling?

Is there a way I can record what I am doing on my screen? I’ve seen some guys show how they did things with like a screen recorded video. I could always use my phone but it would be easier if there was a way to do like a screen cast!

I use Camtasia from TechSmith. there are lots of solutions out there, but that has always worked well for me.

For short recordings, a GIF recorder such as LICEcap makes it really easy. That’s probably the kind of thing you’ve seen on the forum.

For longer recordings including audio, OBS Studio is pretty good.

There’s many others out there too.

Yea most was probably Giff recorders! I’ll check it out for sure and thanks!

Just a tip, remember if you’re uploading to the forum there’s a 3mb upload limit. Keep them short and sweet as possible and try not to orbit/zoom too much which seems to bloat the filesize too.

2 Likes

Since you’re on Windows you could try enabling the built-in ‘Game Bar’ - which has screen recorder function… How to record your screen in Windows 10 | Laptop Mag

2 Likes

I’ve used LICEcap to make GIFs to upload here, and MacOS’s built in screen recorder to make instruction videos for my student (with audio), but no matter what I do, I’ve never been able to make a video file small enough to upload to this forum, even is only a few seconds and no audio. It’s always rejected as too large.

The way I’ve got around that is to upload the video to YouTube and then post the link. As it’s a bit of a process, I’ve found it’s often better to stick with the GIFs for shorter things and just use video when really needed.

3 Likes

That’s what I suspected. I’d like to make a YouTube channel for professional purposes that’s separate from my personal one. I need a little more research on that, I guess.

1 Like

For animated GIFs you need to pay attention to the size (in pixels) of the screen area you are recording. If you try to do full screen or are on a high-dpi monitor it is easy to create a GIF too large for the forum upload.

3 Likes

i use bandicam for screen recording purposes for my youtube channel

1 Like

obs studio

1 Like

I use ispring free cam. It’s very easy to use and works well. I don’t know about file size. It may create large files so they must be posted with a link.
Pat

1 Like