Rainy day render

Just rendered this inage , model from 3D Warehouse and rendered in Twinmotion.

6 Likes

+1 for colors, sky, reflection and vegetation.
But the vertical lines of the building make it look a bit strange. What happens in a render with ‘Two Points’ perspective and eye height a bit higher, say 1.8 or 1.9 meters?

1 Like

Thanks, but which vertical lines?

All vertical lines on the building, like wall corners, glass framing.
But sorry, it appears that the render was made with (or very close to) ‘Two-Point Perspective’.
Still, it looks like the top level is tilting over to the left. It would be right at eye height at some 5 meters but that isn’t practical. So maybe some effect of the vertical vanishing point on these vertical lines. Not too much though.

@Stevo1:

2 Likes

The design is odd. It looks like someone started to build a large hotel or hospital but only finished the carport and entrance lobby.

1 Like

I have a degree in in Industrial design (3d design) and a minor in photigraphy.Perspecives tarts at week one, thanks for your input but that is a model with a 30mm lense and with Parallelism turned on there is nothing wrong with that image in respect to the perspective. I do however take you help as generous and appreciated

Subjective

1 Like

Could also have been taken with a tilt shift lens if it was ‘real’.

1 Like

well, hence the fact that all the verticals look very vertical :wink:
Wo3Dan makes a point, I agree, and you confirmed, it looks like a 2 point perspective because by activating the parallelism, you removed the vertical perspective they’re mentioning.

and because of that, it looks more render-y even though the render is actually quite clean, the same way taking a photo and making the verticals parallel makes the photo look a bit weird :slight_smile:

yeah, that’s a massive carport. Off course, with a porsche, if you don’t get a garage, a full size carport is a sound idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes mate architectural cameras exsist for that reason

1 Like

I think it is a matter of preference I posted an image with parrelellism turned off and I got this

Yes, for sure. Some people must not see very much architectural photography.

1 Like