Pushpullgroups.rb and kernel_require.rb issue

inputbox
loaderror

Hi,

I cannot figure out how to fix this extension problem i’ve been having for a little while. Whenever I open Sketchup, I get this error message:

Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- Inputbox>
/Applications/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
/Applications/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require'
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/pushpullgroups.rb:1:in `<top (required)>```

I can't find "pushpullgroup.rb" on my system, but maybe it's telling me that it doesn't exist.  And kernel_require.rb sounds important.  Any ideas.

Thanks for your time!
– C

the message tells you where it is…

how did it get there if you don’t know how to find your plugins folder?

john

I think the message is telling @cam where SketchUp expects it to be. Error is that it wasn’t found there. <<- Wrong! See: Pushpullgroups.rb and kernel_require.rb issue

Yeah, sorry, silly me. The file was there, but I still get that error message.

Please edit your first post and wrap the error in triple-` marks because the forum swallowed the important part of the message.

```
 error goes here
```

I’m going to guess the pushpullgroups.rb files needs another mssing .rb file.

So you can get inputbox.rb or remove pushpulgrouops.rb if you don’t use it.

inputbox is one I wrote long ago and can be downloaded from here for now: https://sites.google.com/site/jimfoltz/sketchup/welcome/inputbox.rb?attredirects=0&d=1

NO

it can’t give a the full path to the error, unless the file generating the error is in-fact there…

it even tells you the line number to look at and the reason for the error

john

Well darn my socks! Looking again, I completely misread the message. While I saw “Error Loading” my addled brain registered “File not found”.

In fairness, the complete error was not visible at first. Only until the message was edited did the error become clear.

apologies for that, sir. I’m a newby at these forums!