Projection Mapping

I think before you get too much farther along trying to learn to use SketchUp to get this work done, you should go ahead and get Pro. The user interface is different from SketchUp Free and you have a lot more options for dealing with materials. It sounds like that’s what you need to be using anyway.

1 Like

Colin - thanks for the tips. That made a huge difference in the search results.

1 Like

DaveR - I did download a trial of SketchUp Pro today which is what I was using. In SketchUp Free the texture/projection controls are not available or so I am told (couldn’t find them there either). Thanks again for you help today.

The free version does indeed lack the materials editing capabilities so Pro is the way to go.

Good luck.

1 Like

Although the free web version doesn’t have material editing, it can do Projected.

1 Like

Please, can you describe your process in more detailed steps. Some guide or something would be great. I have a project with same textures.

This shows the steps:

https://youtu.be/8-KCa1pA9a0

2 Likes

Colin - thanks for the video.

To piggy back on @colin’s solution. Sometimes (After you have gone through “view hidden geometry” >> apply projected texture option) and if the texture still does not line up then, apply the texture to one sliver of the hidden geometry >> sample that texture with the eye dropper >> apply to the immediate adjacent plane >> sample that texture with the eye dropper >> apply to immediate adjacent plane and continue.

What niraj says applies especially to round objects, bottles for example. The front of the cushion is less demanding.

1 Like