Printing Issue

I do all the dimensioning in Layout.

Thatā€™s interesting. I hadnā€™t done a raster image export since 2020.2 was released but I just tried it. Text and dimensions are indeed missing. @adam? @trent? Anything?

I did find that dimensions and text show correctly in the raster image export if the resolution is set up to 300

I tried to export a single page and it would not show the dimensions. I finally got it to work by exporting all the pages at the same time. It is really an odd issue.

Did you try exporting at higher resolution? I get the dimensions displayed even with a single page export if I export at 300 pixels/inch. I normally always use 300 so I had never noticed this issue before. My export with the dimensions, above was just that page at 300.

1 Like

That works for image export. Now if I could print that would be awesome.

No solution yet in this.

are you asking about the dimension issue or the scaling issueā€¦?

Scaling.

Did you try printing to a PDF writer rather than using the Layout export to PDF?

If youā€™re referring to a Solution from the LayOut team, if they y are looking into it, it will take some time. Theyā€™d first need to identify the source of the problem, determine if itā€™s something within LO that needs to be fixed, fix it, test it, etc. At least for the time being you might as well just get in the habit of exporting PDFs and printing with Acrobat or another PDF reader.

I will continue that practice. I am the lead in our office so I am the one who updated to the newest version first. No one will update now because of this issue. I wish I was in the loop for where we are at on the problem as this is for work not a hobby.

Already being done.

And doing that ā€˜printsā€™ to the correct page scaling?

Yes it does.

so itā€™s an issue with the printer driverā€¦ or how Layout is communicating with the driverā€¦?

It has to be something in latest Layout Update. Previously it worked and the other two drafters are printing to the same printer that I am without issue as they have not updated.

No Fix Yet.

Hi there,

I have not been able to actually test this out myself, but it definitely seems like this is a new issue in 2020.2 for Windows only. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We will look into a solution for this, but I cannot guarantee when that fix may come.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Adam

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update.

I did finally get to the office today, and did a lot of test prints, and was chatting with Adam to ask for suggestions too.

It was easy to show the original symptoms, where the print out was ok in 2019 but not in 2020.2. I didnā€™t check 2020.1, but thereā€™s reason to think that this problem only just showed up.

Also tested on Mac, and no problems there. The export as PDF does then print ok. One thing that was surprising is that the print preview looks correct, and if you click on the printer icon to print, it still prints incorrectly.

So, whatever it is that changed is near the end of the printing stage.

Trent was away this week, but on Monday Iā€™ll check with him to see if there is already a bug report in our system, and if there isnā€™t he can make one. Iā€™ll add my findings to the report, and will include a link to the forum discussion.

1 Like