Print to PDF Text size issues

SU2021

When I print to PDF the size of the text changes. I have to add lots of dimensions and lay them out so they’re readable once printed. Didn’t have this issue in 2018 version. I have tried editing the options in print and nothing is changing.
I have a screenshot of my SU screen below, and attached how it prints to pdf. In print options, I don’t have any Scale choices in the drop down, nor Print Quality

![image|690x416](upload://bKmwRb331ecE6GVE
E-P1.pdf (78.3 KB)
Bsg8OFLd7l.png)

You could set the text height to some fixed value instead. Or better, send the file to LayOut and use it to export the PDF file. Personally I would add all of the text in LayOut, too.

how do i set the text height to a fixed value?
I do hundreds of these drawings in a short period of time so sending to layout isnt efficient enough. Did it fine for years on 2018 and suddenly have this problem with 2021

Model Info>Text>Font

Hmmm… Seems to me it would be much more efficient. Especially if you have numerous similar sorts of exports to do and set up a suitable template. Scaled views are easier, auto text elements, labels and other text would look cleaner and more professional, multi-page PDF exports possible…

Thanks!
the height worked. I will try it out in layout one day too and see if i can make that more efficient

1 Like