PDF Import Problem (Support is horrible)

Support is horrible - seems like it’s just bots on the other side. We are having serious issues and can to get a reasonable response. Tried calling Trimble directly and rudely sent back to the SketchUp support page. We make our living using this program since 2008 - any advice would be helpful

What version of SketchUp? Please complete your profile with that information.

What is the problem you are having? Maybe we can help.

why don’t you ask a question so that we can try to help?

1 Like

I’ve known me for a long time, and I’m sure that I’m not horrible.

I see that your request that came in last night is being looked at by a colleague. I’ll check on how that is going.

3 Likes

I took the case from my colleague, and will reply in a moment.

For others following along, it’s a PDF import issue that I believe is fixed in an upcoming update. I will ask dmssitedesign for an example file to test.

That’s interesting, indeed! Maintenance release?

1 Like

Here is all of the information I can give you about that:

7 Likes

SketchUp file with imported PDF attached and PFD file

Archive.zip (5.37 MB)

You should visit the upcoming 3D Basecamp to talk to some of those robots :wink:

I tested the file, and it imports badly currently, and ok in the next update. You can’t have that update! For now the work around is to open the PDF in Preview and export as PNG. That will import correctly.

Please remove email info on your post, there are horrible bots out there that’ll grab them…

Now that’s just teasing @colin :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.