PDF image of a topo map taken off internet will not load into SU

PDF image of a topo map taken off internet will not load into SU for the purposes of
creating a 3D topo model

SketchUp (Windows version) doesn’t support PDF as an import file type. You can use Adobe Acrobat or another PDF editor to export the file to a supported raster image type (JPG or PNG, for instance).

1 Like

Using a Mac

Who knew?
Completing your forum profile would help those willing to help you.
• Graphic Card
• Operating System
• SketchUp Make/Pro version

1 Like

I updated my profile.

I ride very close to your office on my way home (down second avenue).

Is it one particular PDF that doesn’t import? If so, can you show the URL?

If no PDFs import, do you have All Supported Image Types selected when you’re trying to import them?

I was able to take the topo image from the Duchess County Tax Map site, that that as a PDF in Word.
Now a PDF, I opening in Acrobat Pro and saved as a PNG file.

Although the PDF would not to SU, the PNG did.

Thanks for your help.

I’m am curious about what was wrong. What web page can I get the Word file from?

Google Dutchess County parcel mapping. I was able to export the topo map from the site as a PDF into a word doc.
As I said, I then opened that PDF in acrobatic, then I exported that PDF as a PNG file into Sketchup because SU would not accept it in its PDF form

Google Dutchess County parcel mapping. I was able to export the topo map from the site as a PDF into a word doc.
As I said, I then opened that PDF in acrobatic, then I exported that PDF as a PNG file into Sketchup because SU would not accept it in its PDF form

I gathered that you had worked around the problem, I was just interested in the original file, to see why it went wrong.

When you have written “Google Dutchess County parcel mapping” you may have thought you were pasting a URL, but it’s just the plain text. There is a hyperlink option button, or type Command-K, to include a real link.

Oh wow. That’s a great tip. I will try it!

I meant for you to google that website to see what type of image the topo
maps are

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.