My name is Alex Oliver and I’m the lead instructor at SketchUp School. We just finished creating a free guide for professionals that are getting started with SketchUp and I wanted to share it: https://www.sketchupschool.com/sketchup-guide
Here’s the guide’s Table of Contents (to give you an idea of what’s covered):
- Is SketchUp Pro the right tool for you?
- SketchUp Pro vs. Free vs. Shop (How to choose the right version?)
- The SketchUp Tutorial every beginner should watch first
- SketchUp’s more advanced features
- Creating Photorealistic Renderings
- Creating Design Presentations and Construction Documents
- Creating Estimates, Takeoffs and more
- Creating Models for 3D Printing
- Using SketchUp in a CNC Workflow
- Using SketchUp for Woodworking projects
- Experiencing a SketchUp Model in Virtual or Augmented Reality
A special “thank you” to all of the SketchUp Sages here in the forums that gave us feedback on the guide!
Looking forward to hearing what people think about it…