OpenCutList version 2.0.0 has just been released. It is available now at the Extension Warehouse.
OpenCutList is a Cut list and Cutting Diagram Generator for Woodworkers.
Open Source, crowdfunded and easy to use
A few tips to get you started on the new features:
- Presets have been added to save your preferences about settings/options.
- Hardware is a new type of Material. It can be used to group all components under the same group name.
- For parts of type Hardware, a packaging size may be added, so that 1 part in the Parts List represents 1 pack of x units. This is typically used for fasteners (domino, clamex, hinges, …).
- The Cost and Weight Report needs some information about the material (for wood types, configure the Attributes of the Material), for hardware the component itself must be configured (from the Parts List or the Report).
- For Solid Wood, OpenCutList is using a Waste Factor to account for yield of rough lumber. Depending upon the quality and species of wood, a factor between 1.2 and 1.7 should make sure you are buying enough lumber.
- Label layouts can be freely configured. It is best to save them using the presets. Multiple layouts, per label sheet or job type, can be saved.
- A link at the bottom right of the OpenCutList window will open your mail client to report a bug, a translation error or simply a feature request.
While talking to users, we realized that there are many hidden gems/shortcuts inside of OpenCutList. We have set a new fundraising goal to finance the writing of a complete documentation and best practice tips for using OpenCutList.
As a last point, we would like to thank the translator team who has worked very hard to make OpenCutList available in 12 languages.
Stay safe, enjoy woodworking, SketchUp and life!
The OpenCutList Team